Sunday, February 27, 2005

how could you do this to me..!!!

Thats how i begin my conversations with my dad these days..i do it every single time...how could he bring home a wheighing scale!!! and that too when i'm around!!...Had a minor cardiac arrest the other evening when i measured my weight(after months)..
Now I smell conspiracy....Have I been such a pest that my folks want to pack me off to bangalore? Or has realisation dawned on them that their daughter infact is not at all presentable..n needs to look more like a human...?? Whatever it is...it has made my nice little holiday at home a nightmare..! The green machine stays put...when my life is completely shaken..Now everytime i look at mom and dad,i sing my current anthem - "I'm nobody's child,nobody loves me..."...The result - zilch...The green monster is still at home...Gawd!!
Well today is dad's birthday..moms in the kitchen and i can smell the delicacies..Its one in the afternoon ...Lunch time..Moms laying the table and i expectantly walk towards it....Then i see the green monster and i realise that my appetite just passed away!!

2 comments:

Varuag said...

Well one's relationship with parents is too complex, perhaps more than power systems(one of our prof says that its the most complex system in the world). I had a lot of troubles as a teenager , but I guess final conclusion is that with maturity sense prevails.........................So I can realize what a dumb idiot I was ..............................but who knows maybe I still am (Ha Ha Ha)
And yeah I am not doing MBA , just plain ol engineerin.......As for MBA , surely one day...........

Jah said...

With maturity self prevails....
Still trying to figure out how I have grown to hate going home....
I guess its 20 years of pretentiousness and trying to play my mom's boy....