Friday, February 25, 2005

life in a penitentiary... (part II)

When I had reached the hostel gates,I realized that the information had been conveyed..(thanx to the modern communication channels)..The Gates were sealed..Apart from our regular gurkha , the sheepish looking admin officer were forming the human barriers to my entry .. back to hell..Mr.Sheep was on the phone , and by his horrified glances I could understand that it was the Iron lady on the other end.All that I could do standing in front of Mr.Sheep and our gurkha was to smile..I was surprised to realize that I wasn’t scared (what happened to the old amrita?)..Mr.Sheep told me that I could only walk in after personally speaking to our great jailor..which was fine with me, considering the full-proof plan that I had hatched..The plan was to tell her that I was in front of Rex no doubt,but I was there with my Dad..& hence there wasn’t any violation of the penitentiary rules..
My dad had unwillingly yielded to compassion..The consideration – half an hour of Global Gyaan..which finally ended (thank gawd!!) but with a question “were u outside Rex or outside a bar?”.. On being assured that I was infact outside Rex..did he finally agree…But unfortunately neither the Iron Lady nor Mr.Sheep was in the mood for a pardon...I had to plead guilty and wait for my sentence…I was sure that the sentence could range from solitary confinement (which is what I was goin through at the moment as my cell mate was finally acquitted and sent home) to execution…amidst the animated discussions that the jailor and Mr.Sheep were havin in kannada , i was busy wondering what sentence were they finalizing…After a long time… which felt like ages,they finally agreed..(or should I say..The Iron Lady decided and Mr.Sheep bleated)..and what was it??..500 bucks fine..!!!! …..500 bucks!! I had to shell out 5 crispy hundred rupee notes..and that’s how I bought my entry back into cell no 303!...
At night dressed in my XXL prison outfit I evaluated my opportunity costs…500 bucks meant so much..500 bucks could have been equal to 2 kurtas from “Khadder” …OR 10 Zinger Burgers from KFC… OR 6 ½ Pints of Beer.. OR 50 rented VCDs from the neighboring CD shop.. OR 350 Rs worth talktime on my next hutch recharge… OR 6 pirated books from the pavements of M.G Road… OR 17 packs of Gold Flake Kings !!!!(gawd..was I tired !)…..But then I looked around my cell..saw its walls with my favorite pics and my biiiig Pajero poster...saw my computer…my big soft toy…saw my bed with my new pillow and my warm blanket …And I realized that it was actually worth it…worth every rupee.. coz whether heaven or hell..I was in love with 303!!

3 comments:

Abhimanyu said...

i thought you had stopped blogging once again after going to sensitivityanalysis about 10 times...anyway, penitentiery...rotfl...also, post about your great escape when teju and i were in town!! :)

Jax said...

500 bucks could also mean treating me to dinner at Koshy's!!:D

Anonymous said...

tz moxl chpr vdh tbiq xopb fka bsyz zh hy qbr omxh odxr pym aiyn nfpv lmv vupm fg
Our updates Recent articles:
http://utel.jp/792-8939/blog/2013/03/post-627.html#comments
http://rappan.sakura.ne.jp/blog/2012/07/16-132707.php#comments
http://bbs.etmcn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1401