Thursday, February 03, 2005

life in a penitentiary... (part I)

It was one of those evenings i was looking forward to..A perfect ending to a perfect day..When i stepped into the premises of Rex,I hadnt felt a thing..No black cat had crossed my path,I hadnt walked under a ladder or for that matter my left eye didnt twitch..It was blissful..The entire morning had been spent lazying around,watchin a movie,reading a book n not studying..The best part was the fact that i wasnt guilty..afterall, i had survived four of the toughest papers of this semester,had nearly 4 days to prepare for the next..so life was indeed beautiful..
But it had all started with the movie.."page 3 "!!!???!!!....All i remember in between yawns and sighs were ugly people acting as socialites,parties,flashbulbs,gay men,horny women,more parties,more flashbulbs...zzzzz....The best part of the entire movie was my caramel popcorn..
Disaster struck as soon as i walked out of the theatre..In the midst of deciding where to head for dinner..I turned back once..n i froze..Standing there right in front of me was my college vehicle..A big white sumo with my college name written all over it..(Talk of surrogate advertising!!!)..And it was then that my mind stopped working..I dashed back into the theatre in a desparate bid not to be spotted.. (afterall,alcatraz closed its gate at 9p.m and there i was staning in front of rex at 9.02!!!).But as luck would have had it,they did spot me..My lady jailor rolled down her window and told my happless friends to inform me that i was caught..And i knew that i was screwed..!! The sad faces of my parents loomed in front of my eyes..n I knew that i couldnt let them go through this again..(again..??..now thats another story..)..but gawd,what could i do?
Who says India isnt good at disaster management..My friends dished out solutions by the minute and all i could do, was stare at them with a blank look..
A friend of mine,lets call him A.. suggested that the best thing would be to return to the hostel..well thank god he did suggest that n i did listen.....
Well when my auto stopped in front of my hostel gates,i knew that i just wasnt in trouble..i was in deeeeep trouble!!!.... (to be continued..)

3 comments:

Jax said...

Hahahahaha!!! This is really good.Waiting eagerly for the sequel! And waiting eagerly for the prequel (again..??..now thats another story..);))

Jax said...

hey ammo..i have advertised ur blog in bold!!! u want to pay by credit card or cash? :D

Anonymous said...

fe mste olwk sac xmzu htem qyb ztuo bs ul geq iekf grkk ncr otfo tmwm nmg zqqd uy
Our updates Recent articles:
http://blogs.edweek.org/registration/error.html?ep=12&r_username=&site_key=&url=http://www.cheapbeatsbydresaleuk.co.uk/&error=EPE800
http://nycdayhiking.com/blog/nyc_day_hiking/2009/04/what-is-the-most-popular-day-hike-in-new-york-state-and-why-is-there-no-information-board-there.html#comments
http://endlessblue.jp/blog/2012/01/-lubricogobius-exiguus-2.html#comments