Saturday, July 24, 2004

580 Sq. Feet and contentment.

 Today was quite a day..
Firstly I bunked office and that too without informing them at all. This to me is quite a luxury. Had done that once, when I had been working and had faced the consequences the very next day, I had been summoned by my boss, who had given me an hour’s lecture on being disciplined…. Had endured that. My boss thought that he had truimped..but unfortunately for a person who  had endured much longer hours of such lectures lifelong , from school teachers,hostel wardens,elders and ofcourse my parents..this was a cakewalk..Its all about utilizing the 2 ears optimally, as an input and output device.
Coming back to this morning..D and I had been to finalize the flat today…In marketing terminology in Mumbai its called the flat with a “mountain view”..hmmm..for a moment it had almost transported me back to my birthplace – Darjeeling..Whatta Mountain View! It’s a view of a hillock next to the complex.. A small green hillock (thanks to the monsoons here)..Far ahead we could see the mist covered hills that surrounds this suburb of Mumbai..But the question was, how long could we, with all the builders already displaying their signboards, it meant that in a couple of years all we would see  is concrete..no mist,no greens..
But for two dreamy eyed persons who had braved the downpour and made it to the site..it was “the place”…5 storeys high with  bright,airy rooms,lotsa windows,a small cute kitchen,a cuter bathroom,a small but well made living room and a better made bedroom..this was it..their dream destination..what more could the couple from  middle class  mumbai want..a place to stay in peace..away from the hustle bustle,the Mumbai  crowds,the office worries,the deadlines and away from nagging elders …. “Their Home”….580 sq feet of pure contentment..
Already humming…
“Ye Tera Ghar Ye Mera Ghar , Kisi Ko Dekhna Ho GarTo Pehle Aake Maang Le,  Meri Nazar Teri Nazar
…”

1 comment:

VM said...

Mountains in mumbai...seems u are pretty close to where I live...by ay chance You were looking for an apartment in the hirandani,powai area? By my guess it should be borivili-thane-powai zone